HELIFLEX Continuous Flow Cooler
Fast and uniform cooling of warm filled products
In the DMA HELIFLEX Continuous Flow Cooler products are rapidly and uniformly cooled to the desired temperature after filling. In the process they are transported in an upward and downward travelling tower on a special endless chain. The cooled products can then be immediately boxed, palletised and stored or dispatched. The efficient cooling process not only saves energy and time, it also has a positive effect on the taste, quality and shelf life of the products.
Thought through down to the last detail – features overview:
Unlike with batch cooling, each individual product is rapidly and effectively cooled from all sides by precisely guiding the airflow. Every product reaches the same temperature at the same time – with simultaneously high energy efficiency.
Manufacture to meet demand
The HELIFLEX Continuous Flow Cooler cools products particularly rapidly, thereby supporting demand-driven manufacturing.
Process reliability at high product volume
The in-house developed HELIFLEX Chain consists of modular components that are tailored to the process as appropriate. The products are thus transported in a compact, closed system – without them being pushed together or catching. Unlike conventional spirals, the DMA HELIFLEX Chain allows problem-free stopping and starting of the plant with or without load. A high level of operational reliability and minimal downtimes are the result.
The HELIFLEX Chain can be realised in widths of 125 to 800 mm, with one or two product tracks, and the system configured to perfectly meet your requirements in terms of the shape, size and weight of the products to be cooled.
As a stand-alone solution and closed system with flexible chiller arrangement, the HELIFLEX Continuous Flow Cooler can be particularly easily integrated into an existing production line.
1) The air in the cooling system is contained within a closed circuit that is also insulated from beneath. This delivers high energy efficiency.
3) Inside the cooling system there are two rotating towers. The products are raised in one tower and lowered in the other while being simultaneously cooled. The system can be stopped and started again at any time – with or without load.
5) The DMA twin-zone technology allows the products to be cooled in the first tower at a different temperature as compared to the second tower.
2) The refrigeration units can be placed between the two towers, to one side, or above them. In this way, the plant can be precisely integrated into existing factory layouts.
4) Adjustable feet compensate for uneven floors. The plant’s gear units are located outside the cooling cell, which means that heat is unable to penetrate into the system.
6) The in-house developed HELIFLEX Chain consists of modular components that are tailored to the process as appropriate. The products are thus transported in a compact, closed system – without them being pushed together or catching.